Wondering about how to play YouTube on Sonos? You are in the right place. Well, Sonos is the one among the popular wireless home sound system that works with the WiFi network. With the Sonos speaker, you can able to light your home with brilliant sounds and music.
Unlike the normal home speakers, Sonos speakers capable of playing music and songs from almost any source. However, for the past few years’ people started to think about including YouTube platform to the Sonos as its music source. But, inclusion of the Online Platform YouTube in Sonos is not a easy thing to do by a normal non-tech person. A proper guidance must require.
Here in this article, we made things easier for the non-tech people to add YouTube platform in the Sonos home speaker. With our easy steps, anyone can able to include online streaming platform YouTube on their Sono home speaker. To be frank, people can able to enjoy all the latest music and sounds via Play YouTube on Sonos.
Founded on 12th November 2015, YouTube serves 77 countries. These are in America, Europe, Oceania and parts of Africa and Asia. It excels in music streaming and videos offering categories on genres, playlists, and recommendations. Fans listen to songs, albums, artist radio and playlists as remixes, live performances and covers. YouTube offers premium deal comprising of ad-free playback, audio-only background and downloads songs for offline playback.
These facilities as offered to subscribers of YouTube Premium or YouTube Music Premium. Also, subscribers of Google Play Music get to enjoy YouTube Premium. Already, YouTube serves 77 countries in America, Europe, Oceania and parts of Africa and Asia. The YouTube Music runs on popular Smartphone platforms including Android and iOS. Also, people can use YouTube music streaming and video on Amazon Alexa, Google Home and Sonos.
Established in California around 2002, Sonos modernises home sound system fit for digital age. The manufactured hardware and software fill music in every room of listeners’ home. In 2004, Sonos became popular soon after launching ZonePlayer amplifier (ZP100) and Controller (CR100). Ever since then, Sonos has created several innovative products including wireless speakers for home music system.
It offers an integral, dedicated and secure home wireless network called Sonosnet for connecting multiple speakers. Initially, Sonos users have to connect at least one speaker to the Sonosnet. They can later add up to a maximum of 32 speakers. The wireless signal is strong and full-bodied so there is no failure in the streaming music.
Currently, Sonos is the most popular brand for connecting multi-room speakers producing top quality sound-waves. Since 2019, Sonos added the SonosC Controller App allowing listeners to play YouTube on Sonos. In addition, Listeners require the mandatory SonosC Controller App, a Google Account and a YouTube Music account.
How To Play YouTube on Sonos With SonosC Controller App, Google Account And YouTube Account?
Android platform requires Google Account, YouTube Account and the mandatory SonosC Controller App. Below is the step-by-step procedure if you are using Android Smartphone.
- Download the free SonosC Controller App from the official Google Play Store.
- Install the SonosC Controller App and Open it.
- Click on “More” located at the bottom right corner of the App.
- Click on “Add Music Services”.
- Select “YouTube Music”.
- Choose “Add to Sonos”.
- If you are already a subscriber of YouTube Music, then use login details. Otherwise, register with YouTube Music and create account.
- Click on “YouTube Music”. Select “Add to Sonos” and click on “I already have an account”. Select “Authorize”. Opens the Safari browser.
- Enter the “pass-code” you received in text field. Confirm “Next”.
- Select “Authorize” and enter the code. Click on “Next”.
- Afterwards Click on Google account you wish to use for YouTube Music.
- Followed by Click on “Allow” and you would be notified “Your account has been authorized”.
- Enter a name for YouTube Music in Sonos App.
- Afterwards Click on Google account. Select “Allow”. Enter name for service.
- You are ready to play YouTube on Sonos speakers anywhere within your home.
After setting up the hardware and software to play YouTube on Sonos, follow the instructions below.
- YouTube Music offers categories namely Library, New releases, Recommended, Top charts, and Your Mix-tape. You can choose to listen to any of the mentioned category using Sonos App. Also, you can select any sub-category such as Recently Added Playlists or Recently Liked Songs.
- In Sonos App, select the category and choose sub-category.
- Select playlist, album, or collection from the category or sub-category.
- Choose any one song or click on “Play All”.
How to Play YouTube on Sonos Using Apple Products?
YouTube Premium or YouTube Music Premium subscribers listen to albums, covers, playlists, remixes, and more. Listeners using Apple devices such as iPhone or iPad should use AirPlay provided for wireless connection. AirPlay works the same way as Bluetooth or Wi-Fi streaming.
Sonos speakers including Sonos One, Sonos Beam, Sonos Playbase and second-generation Play are compatible with AirPlay 2. You would notice the AirPlay 2 logo in the Safari version of YouTube but, not in the App.
Follow the steps to play YouTube on Sonos using AirPlay.
- Download and install the free SonosC Controller App from official Apple Store.
- Connect Apple devices and Sonos speakers within range on the same wireless Sonosnet network.
- Load YouTube video you wish to play.
- Open iPhone/iPad Control Panel by swiping up or down based on the model you have.
- Force Touch the music control box. Select the “AirPlay” icon. Select your “Sonos speaker” from the dropdown menu on speakers.
- The two devices should sync or connect and the music would play through the speaker.
YouTube has recently announced how Sonos speakers can be efficiently used for listening to music. Hope, the above-mentioned steps will guide you in right path to play YouTube on Sonos home speaker.