Stuffed cabbage rolls is a recipe that is liked by one and all, however, the dish really takes a long time to cook and there are multiple steps involved. If you are looking for an easier version of the recipe, you are at the right place. We bring to you the One Pot Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls which apart from giving you the same taste of the traditional cabbage rolls will also make you healthier. So, read on as we find out the recipe for One Pot Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls
Before getting into the main recipe of the Eastern Europe inspired dish, let us first look into the many ingredients that go into the making of the One Pot Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls.
- The first and foremost thing you require is the beef itself. The quantity should be somewhere around 1 lb
- Then, you would need a few cloves of garlic. These will have to be minced. A couple of them should be enough
- You also require a few tomatoes that have been diced in an appropriate manner
- One large onion. The onion needs to be chopped and cut appropriately
- The most important ingredient to get into the dish is the cabbage itself. You also should keep in mind to chop the cabbage. One large cabbage should serve the purpose
- Tomato sauce. 8 oz of the sauce should be enough for the dish
- A broth of beef. Take half a cup of the broth
- A few spices such as pepper
- Salt to taste
- You can also add one teaspoon of paprika
- One tablespoon of brown sugar will also be required
Having seen the main ingredients that go into the making of the dish, let us see the recipe of the One Pot Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls in the section that follows.
The One Pot Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls can be made in a variety of different ways. However, some of the traditional methods in which the dish is prepared is really time consuming and you require so much of efforts. The recipe that we shall see in the following section is the one that is really simple and you require minimum efforts to cook the One Pot Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls. All this, without interrupting with the actual original taste of the dish. So, lets have a look into the steps that need to be followed:
- Take a large skillet or a Dutch oven.
- In the vessel, you should add the beef and cook it till the meat is brown in colour. In this, you should also add a few onion slices, as well as garlic.
- Now after the mixture of the beef, garlic, and onion has turned a little brown, you should remove it and drain all the excess water that must have accumulated
- You can put the mixture back into the skillet or the Dutch oven that you are using, and into that add all the cabbage and the tomatoes that you might have cut and sliced down until now. Also add the tomato sauce, salt, the brown sugar and try to bring the mixture to a boil
- Take care to add salt as well as pepper according to the taste
- Now, the skillet should be covered, and you should bring the heat of the gas to a little low flame. The mixture needs to be cooked till the time your cabbage is soft enough for you to eat it
- While the cabbage is being done, you can also prepare your rice in the mean time
- The dish will be completed in about half an hour to 45 minutes. After that time, you can add the dish to the rice
Your own version of the One Pot Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls is now ready, and you can delve in to enjoy the traditional dish that have been made in a different yet simple way altogether!
Thus, as is clear from the above article, the One Pot Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls cab be prepared in a really simple manner. You need not spend too much of time boiling the cabbage and getting all the stuff inside the cabbage leaves. Even if the dish is had in an unstuffed way, you will get the same taste. All this-at such less time and with minimum of efforts put in. you should definitely try this recipe at home. I am sure you will not be able to get enough of the new version and the innovative recipe of the One Pot Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls. It sure will not disappoint your taste buds.
The One Pot Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls cab be your best friend and your go-to dish when you want to make a whole meal in less than an hours’ time. At the same time, the dish is healthy too. You will love the unstuffed version of the cabbage rolls even if you are someone who is not a very big fan of the cabbage itself. And nothing can go wrong if you have a taste for the main ingredient. So, next time you get a craving for the stuffed cabbage rolls, try this new recipe called One Pot Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls.