Recent news has confirmed that the Flesh-eating bacteria in Florida Waters are infecting people when they stepped into Florida Waters. Health experts issue serious warning over the infection and hazards which imposed on human body because of the infection. So far, 3 to 4 cases have confirmed with the infection of such bacteria from Florida Waters.
Flesh-eating Bacteria in Florida Waters
Followed by the increasing number of cases with Flesh-eating Bacteria in Florida Water infection from Tampa Bay, Authorities are taking serious countermeasures. Health Physicians issues warning on swimming in bay areas and eating uncooked seafood.
A day ago, 77-year-old women Lynn Fleming from Ellenton died because of Flesh-eating bacteria in Florida Waters infection. Lynn Infected while walking on Anna Maria Island, because of that she forced to remove her legs. However, exactly after 2 weeks of cutting her legs, Lynn lost her life.
Similarly, a mother from Indiana posted a Facebook post as her daughter got the same infection while tripping to Destin.
What did Doctors say?
Doctors pointed it as “Necrotizing Fasciitis” which is a kind of infection caused by bacteria. Because of this bacterial infection, blood circulation stops and results in the death of skin tissues.
They also said, this kind of infection is something rare and can come from various bacterial strains. Experts referred to this as “Flesh-eating” since the progress of the infection spreads rapidly in the human body.
What do You Need to Know about Flesh-Eating Bacteria?
- Most of the Healthy adult’s immunity system can fight necrotizing fasciitis.
- People with poor immunity systems or liver disease and having open wounds posses’ high risk of being infected.
- People with such issues should skip stepping into warm salt water or brackish water. In addition, they should avoid eating raw kinds of seafood like crab, oysters, or sushi.
- Washing hands at regular intervals would keep safe from infection.
- US Centers of Disease Control and Prevention said, “1 in 3 patients infected from necrotizing fasciitis die during the treatments”.
Read Also : Top 10 Best Backpage Alternatives in 2019