Installing You Tube on Amazon Fire stick is a simple process. Previously, you can only configure the paid version of you tube subscription for video sharing on fire stick. But recent updates say that You Tube can be directly accessed from Amazon. In this blog, you will get to know different methods to install You Tube on Amazon Fire Stick.
Installing Official You Tube through Amazon Fire Stick
In case you have installed the You Tube app using any third-party app previously, first uninstall it. After the completion of installation, try out this procedure.
- Turn on your Fire Stick and wait for some time so that it boots up the home window.
- Now, look for the Search option on the upper left corner, which appears like a lens icon.
- Type You Tube in the search bar and click on the icon when it appears.
- Choose to click only the You Tube app from the results list that display.
- If you are a first time user, click Get before installation otherwise, click Download.
- Wait till the installation process is complete and then open the You Tube app to run it.
This is how you install You Tube on Amazon Fire Stick officially.
Installing You Tube through third-party apps
The procedure mentioned below guides you through installing You Tube TV app unofficially.
- Check whether your Fire TV has the Apps from Unknown Sources option and if so, activate it.
- Ensure that the Amazon App Store is pre-installed; tap and install Downloader on your Fire TV.
- Access the home screen of the app and type http://bit.ly/ytvforfire and navigate to the website.
- Search for You Tube TV app and download & install it. Now, launch the app and choose 1080 MiTV and legacy devices for app configuration.
- This app requires another app called Crosswalk to be installed, which is a development library. When prompted, tap Get Crosswalk and allow it to download and install.
- Tap Done after the installation is completed and do not run the Crosswalk app further. Now you will be redirected to the You Tube TV app page.
- Enable the You Tube TV app and continue watching your favorite videos. In case you find an issue during configuration, restart your Fire TV and see if it works.
How to jailbreak Amazon Fire Stick and install the You Tube app?
The Jailbreak process is legal with Amazon. Before getting into the procedure, you should know why it is required when you have access to all apps. Amazon Fire Stick comes with apps such as Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, Hotstar, You Tube and more apps built in.
But you cannot watch all movies or shows for free and sometimes, the apps too. This is where jailbreaking lets you install these apps free. Several methods are in existence to ease the jailbreak process. A few methods for easing the process and saving your time.
Installing You Tube through jail breaking Amazon Fire Stick with Fire Stick remote
- Power on your Fire stick and once it boots up, go to the Home screen using your remote.
- Choose Settings available on the top extreme right side under the Menu bar option.
- See if the My Fire TV option is visible and if so, select and click on it.
- From the list of options that appear, choose Developer options.
- If you notice that the Apps from Unknown Sources option is disabled, enable it. This will let you download and install applications limited to the Amazon app store.
- Click Turn on when prompted and now, you can install You Tube on Amazon Fire Stick.
Installing You Tube through jail breaking Amazon Fire Stick with Kodi
- Select the Search option from the home screen of your Fire Stick.
- Key in ES File Explorer in the search box. From the displayed results, click on the name.
- When the ES File Explorer icon appears on the next screen, click on the Download
- Click on the downloaded file and launch the ES File Explorer app.
- Look for the Downloader option and click on it.
- If it is not available, click on Tools and then the Download Manager that shows you the Downloader option.
- Click on the New option that appears in + symbol.
- Enter a secured URL that provides you the .apk file of Kodi 18 on the window that displays.
- When the related link appears, click on the Download
- Wait for the ES Explorer app to download Kodi and once downloaded, click Open File.
- Now, click on Install and then again on Install in the next window that appears.
- You will receive a notification of the Kodi app installed on your Fire Stick.
- The jailbreaking process is now successful and you can click Open to run the app.
- When using Kodi for the first time, you may not find any media file in your library.
- Ensure browsing files without proper authentication using Kodi is hidden to others.
- To do this, you require a VPN. Search for Express VPN on your Fire Stick.
- Once you find, click on it and install as per the instructions. The Express VPN comes for a 30-day free trial and money back guarantee as well.
- Enter the required credentials when prompted by the installer and check if you can see a Power icon.
- Click on / off the Power icon to enable / disable the VPN Server.
- Finally, you can install You Tube on Amazon Fire Stick effortlessly and watch videos of your choice.
Hope this blog has provided you useful information which you can make use of. Not only You Tube, with the aforementioned procedures, you get access to all entertainment apps in no time. If you have a faster internet connection, you can stream unlimited movies / videos and have a pleasant time.