Karlianna Voncil published her debut novel, Led Astray: A Crime Thriller, the first of her Avia Chronicles series in November 2018. She is a native of the Texas Panhandle and is currently working on her second book in the trilogy, tentatively titled ‘Blood Requiem’.
Popular American Author Karlianna Voncil has been interviewed by Swapnil Mukherjee.
– What inspired you to write a book?
Much of Led Astray is based on where I grew up and the people I went to school with. The setting of the story is the Texas Panhandle, where I was born and raised, and both the protagonist and antagonist are based on some of my high school friends. I wrote my story based on experiences I and other people I knew had growing up.
– Okay! That’s Great. How many books you have written and added to your credit so far?
This is my first book, and I have recently finished my second in this series. With any luck, it will be released next year.
-That’s great news for your readers. When you have written and published your first book?
I worked on Led Astray for about four years and looked for a publisher for about two years before it was finally published in November of 2018.
-It seems you have really done a lot of Hard work behind this book. have you faced any difficulty while publishing your book?
It was a fairly long search for a publisher. When I finally reached a deal with TCK Publishing, it was a huge victory.
– That’s Great! Can you tell me a bit about your book in a nutshell?
Led Astray is a story about a young girl who is taken in by a group of older teenagers when her mother leaves town in the midst of a family emergency. At first, it seems like the best of a bad situation; however, as time goes on and a series of violent encounters occur within the neighborhood of Sweet Valley, the protagonist, Daisy Young, is forced into a situation that will end the story in a way readers will not expect.
– Just after publishing your book, what kind of marketing strategy you have used, to gain such a great popularity among your readers?
I have found that joining with promotional giveaways and promoting through different organizations have been pretty successful. In the past, I have done interviews through Book Pleasures.com and right now I am participating in a giveaway with Booksweeps; it will end on the 19th of this month.
– Okay! That’s Great. After writing your book, you have become a celebrity in the literary field, people who don’t know you before, have started reading your book and recognizing you, what you think, how much your life has changed about becoming a literary celeb?
If I do become a literary celebrity, I would be immensely grateful. I think probably the biggest change would just be that my stories and characters were out there for people to enjoy.
– People are really enjoying your story and all the best wishes are with you. What message do you want to give to your readers and a large amount of unnoticed fan base that is growing every day?
To the people reading my books and checking my website and reading my posts, I would say thank you. Your support is very much appreciated. I would also say, please stay tuned, because there are some exciting things coming up later this year!
– The title of your book ‘LED ASTRAY’ seems quite interesting and it creates suspense in one’s mind. What is the secret behind choosing this title?
I think the best way to pick a title for a book is to make the title relevant and directly tied to the content of the story. If your title is a direct reference to your book, it is probably a good fit.
– To be very frank, your title is quite interesting. Next question I want to ask – Why did you choose to write a crime thriller?
I have always enjoyed reading crime thrillers. The more twisted and convoluted the story, the more I enjoy it. Besides that, I really enjoy getting to know people from different walks of life, and crime fiction is a great opportunity for that.
– Thanks a lot for sharing your valuable information with me. Do you want to give any message and suggestion to the upcoming Authors?
My advice to any upcoming writers is that you need to write as much as you can, and do not give up on your goals no matter what it takes, or how long. Also, if you need any inspiration, you can check out my website, karliannavoncil.com, and my book, Led Astray, which is available for paperback and Kindle on Amazon and Barnesandnoble.com!
Thank you and wish you a billion tons of success for your book.