In the entertainment arena, Charles may not be the household name, yet this Asian-American actor has accomplished acclaim for his iconic role of character Reggie in CWs popular series Riverdale. And he has been admired a lot for his character in this series.
As Reggie Mantle, he made his first appearance in Riverdale’s second season as Ross Butler previously did this role. Charles replaced the character of Ross in the second season of the series. The man is not known to the media even before becoming part of the Riverdale series. Charles Melton is the hit target for adverts and is also a professional model.
Biography of Charles Melton (Ethnicity and Age)
Charles Melton, who is now a famous actor of Riverdale series born in the year 1991 on January 4th in Alaska (Juneau). He is the son of Sukyong Melton (mother) and Phil Melton (father). He was raised in Manhattan, Kansas along with his sister named Tannie Melton.
When we talk about his ethnic origin, then he belongs to the mixed ethnicity. He is not just following the Asian-American ancestry; however, rooted in Caucasian and Korean descent. In his growing family, you will also find a new addition to his nephew.
Charles Melton played the football for two years while attending the Kansas University where he was placed at Division 1 team. However, he left the football career to follow his passion for acting. He soon became the part of ARTS (Applause Rising talent Showcase) in Orlando, Florida.
Charles Melton Career
In the year 2012, Charles Melton made his modeling debut in the New York Fashion Week for VLOVNew and Park and Ronen. Since then he has been the model of many prestigious brands including Dolce and Gabbana catalog as well as featured in other fashion magazines.
In one of the TV shows New New York (Season 5 and Episode 14) Charles made his acting debut in television world followed by Glee in the year 2014 as a model. He also played a role in many other TV shows including, Reggie in Riverdale by CW in the year 2016 and character of Mr. Wu in American Horror Story: Hotel in the year 2011 – these were short-lived characters in such popular Tv series.
In Riverdale the character of Reggie was initially played by Ross, however when he left the TV show for Netflix’s 13 Reasons Why! The Riverdale casting team found Charles as the perfect replacement of Ross to play the character of Reggie in the TV series. Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa creates the role of Reggie, and Charles successfully fulfills it without any complaints. Till date, this character of Reggie in Riverdale is one of the most significant parts in the TV world.
As expected, when Charles took over the role of Reggie in Riverdale TV shows, he faced a lot of hate and heat on social media and online media. However, he chose not to react on such comments as he understands that the character of Reggie is an iconic role which is hard for his fans to accept. Such reactions and comments were going to come anyway. Hence, he decided not to be reasoned with these actions and did not get these comments to bother him. He went playing his role well.
However, Charles found the solace after some time with the fact that the character of Reggie is replaced by at least another Asian aspect as people who are in love with Reggie enjoy the diversity of the style. His character of the bully of the high school cannot be portrayed better. Hence, we can say that Charles did justice with Reggie’s character.
In the year 2015, Charles names his debut in the short-film Bad Friend where he played the character of the Colin. He also appeared in other films as well including, The Channel as Chris in the year 2016, and The Face Without Eyes in the role of the doctor in the year 2015. In the year 2018, an action movie was released The Thinning: New World Order where he played the role of Cage and it also co-starring Logan Paul.
Other Interesting Things to Learn about Charles Melton
- Since he is born in January, which makes Capricorn his birth sign.
- Charle’sfavorite outfit is either Dolce and Gabbana’s Jeans and Jacket with all studs on it or Pokemon’s PJs.
- When asked about his hobby’s actor mentioned he likes to watch food channels as well as not eating the food he does not like.
- He is blessed with the athletic body as he played football for two years in the university. He also goes to the gym regularly to maintain his perfectly sculpted body.
- His favorite movie is “A Knight’s Tale,” and his favorite singer is William Hund from American Idol.
- When Mac introduced the men’s makeup line, Charles also becomes the face of the brand.
- The Riverdale actor Charles Melton weighs about 159 lbs or 72 Kgs, and he is one inch taller than 6 feet.
- Charles Melton worked with renowned personalities and brands like Designare Homme, John Russo, Jeff Slater, Hollister, and many others.
- In one of his statement on Instagram, he mentioned that soring the role of Reggie in Riverdale is surreal.
- He shares a good rapport with co-stars of Riverdale. He immediately hit with them as soon as he joined the cast of Riverdale. Charles also shares cozy and beautiful pictures with Casey Cott, Camila Mendes, and KJ Apa. The bond seems robust between Apa and him as they showcase the bromance on their social media channels.
So, guys, this is all about Charles Melton in his short but interesting biography. He is just started in his career of acting and achieves a name in modeling for some big shot brands. However, we expect him to rise on top be it TV series or Hollywood.